Python Enabled Real Time Condition Monitoring of Electrical Machines
- The Real time condition monitoring is a method of acquiring and assessing the health of the electrical machines. It’s achieved by using Python programming for hardware data acquisition and software statistical analysis.
- The machine critical parameters such as steady state voltage, current and power are measured by electrical transducers and transferred to a controller through Data Acquisition Card.
- In Python environment the processing, evaluation and presentation of the predictive measures of the electrical machines are analyzed. The possible failures are recognized at an early stage.
- Predictive diagnostics yields a well-informed maintenance and by analysis of the uncertainty of measurements.
- The Python’s extensive scientific library which is commonly adopting due to versatility as an engineering tool and integration with data acquisition system.
- Basic knowledge of python, Statistical data analysis, LT Transducers, Single Board Computers and Electrical Machines.
- Mr. Kothandaraman is working as a Technical superintendent in Electrical Engineering department, IIT Madras, Chennai - Specializes in Power Electronics , Electrical Machines drives and controls.
- Mr. Jayavel is working as a Junior Technical superintendent in Electrical Engineering department, IIT Madras, Chennai - Specializes in Embedded systems and programming.