Deploying Python-based Deep Learning models on mobile devices : An app to detect and plot potholes
Vishal Gupta (~vishal11) |
- Deep Learning models can be trained and tested using Python but can be hard to port outside Python environments such as Android devices.
- Our posters delves into one such application.
- We trained a model to detect potholes and speed-breakers using Python and Keras but later deployed the model on an Android device to make inference in real time.
- Gather and label training data for potholes, speed-breakers and accidents
- Train model to predict the above using accelerometer and gyroscope readings
- Save and convert model and weight files to TF-lite format
- Build basic Android application to read phone’s accelerometer and gyroscope reading make predictions realtime
- (Optional) Use a mapping API to plot and track potholes
- Python, Keras, Sequential Models
- Basic knowledge of Java and Android
- Vishal Gupta, Machine Learning Engineer at Freshworks
- Bharat Raj, Associate Engineer (Autonomous Driving), Siemens