Deploying and scaling python based application on Kubernetes cluster
Mamta Jha (~mamta) |
These days most of the applications are following Microservices architecture and are deployed in containers. We write Dockerfile to automate the container image creation process and need management and orchestration tool to manage bunch of containers. Kubernetes is the tool which helps us attain the orchestration and management of containers in an automation fashion.
Kubernetes is know to be quite complex and has a steep learning curve. We will try and impart the knowledge to setup complex system in simpler manner and also help the participants learn the basics quickly in few hours with good hands-on exercises.
- Depict the journey of Containers from Dev to Production.
- Emphasise on the need of Kubernetes to manage containers.
- Show how DigitalOcean managed Kubernetes-as-a-service reduces our management overhead.
- Deploy a sample python application (Flask) in kubernetes cluster.
- Demo how to create automated images using dockerfile.
- How to deploy Python application in Kubernetes environment.
- Features provided kubernetes to manage and scale applications
Saurabh is a Tech enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the software industry. His focus areas and expertise are around DevOps, Cloud Automation, Containers, Kubernetes and Security. He is currently associated with DigitalOcean as a Sr.Developer Advocate and has worked in the past with startups like Flipkart, Alten-Calsoft, Saltisde. He often speaks at community gatherings and conferences and is a part of CNCF Speaker’s Bureau.