PY 101 - Beginners guide to create a python package
by kracekumar (speaking)
- Software Development Tools
- Session type
- Technical level
Guide to create python package(third party libraries) and release package to pypi.
Normal python user will use third party libraries like
json, we are aware how to these libraries work. Lets us develop one such application and upload to pypi.
In this tutorial following topics will be covered
- How does
python setup.py installworks
- How does
pip install Flaskworks
- Usage of various tools like
- Organizing python package.
- Testing python packages in different versions like
pypy1.8etc using travis
- How to use github to manage the package.
- How to use readthedoc.org to setup docs(basic)
- Basic Python knowledge
- Little familiarity with github and git.
- Preferably Linux based OS.
- Your own laptop.
I am kracekumar works @ hasgeek , pythonista, FOSSian. I am using python for past 2 years for variety of personal and professional tasks like auto mounting disks during linux startup, song fetcher, web development with Flask, IRC bot written in Twisted etc ... I have contributed to various open source projects like twython, clint, args, flask, envoy, mead. I am the creator of pycoderwall, iplsaga and various projects.