- Technical level
To enable the participants to write automated tests for web applications. This will be a hands on session where you will get introduced to Selenium and gradually move towards writing tests using Selenium with Python bindings. This will include a brief on selenium, play and record using Selenium IDE, writing and maintaining the test scripts and test report generation.
This workshop is tailored for beginners willing to learn Selenium with Python as last year's talk on the same received a vibrant response from the audience.
- Introduction to Selenium
- Brief about test automation and why/how is it a need
- Application under test will be provided to the participants, will start with the installations and setup
- Put your first step -> use Selenium IDE and record/playback your test
- Get introduced to the Webdriver API (Selenium Python bindings)
- Start writing test scripts
- Learn how to generate test reports using HTMLTestRunner.py
- Brief on Lettuce and some of the best practices to follow
- Preferred OS: Linux based (Fedora preferred)
- Browser: Firefox
Anisha works at Red Hat, Pune and has been handling most of the QA responsibilities in her teamfor nearly 2 years now. She writes test automation scripts, mostly for web UI. Worked with Selenium(with Python), Cucumber + Watir-webdriver and explored a couple of other tools. She enjoys testing at work and is keen on attending events/conferences happening in and around the city.
- Blog: http://goo.gl/XeSa41