- Technical level
Learn to write browser driven functional tests using Webdriver API (Selenium 2) using Python bindings.
- A sample web application written using bottle web framework will be used as the application under test (AUT)
- All the code will be available in a git repo
- The session will start with installation and setting up of the Selenium test environment in each attendees systems.
- Later the session will proceed with writing simple browser automation using Selenium webdriver API
- Finally the stock application created will be used to write more test cases
- The test cases will be run using py.test testing tool
- Operating System: Windows 7 or GNU/Linux
- Softwares: Python 2.7, Firefox &Text Editor
- Internet connection
Baiju Muthukadan is a Python developer working as a Technical Architect at ZeOmega, Bangalore. He is a contributor to Zope project since 2006 and has authored the book titled, A Comprehensive Guide to Zope Component Architecture. He founded the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing project in 2001 while studying at REC, Calicut and was also employed by Free Software Foundation of India in 2002-2003. Baiju has conducted many Python related talks and workshops in various parts of India including FOSS.IN. He has contributed to Selenium Python documentation.