Build your next python project - Super fast, distributed and infinitely scalable, Using ZeroMQ
by Srinivasan R (speaking)
- Technical level
To learn how to build a high performance distributed systems using ZeroMQ and Python. And also to make it work with other programming languages.
All web applications aren't as simple as following a 20 minute blog tutorial in a web framework. There are lot of components which handle the business logic and they might all not work on the same machine (or even be built using the same programming language).
When you build at web scale, you should look at how to build your system distributed across multiple machines.
The talk will be about
- Why use a message queue.
- How zeromq is different from other message queues.
- How to write a basic networked program using zeromq.
- How you can use zeromq to write concurrent & parallel systems.
- The various patterns & configurations zeromq can be used in to build your distributed system.
- Various protocols that can be used
- How to make your python program talk with any other programming language easily.
Long time python programmer - built various text & data analytics products, distributed and scalable systems to crawl a large number of sites, worked with different python web frameworks (Right from the old Turbogears, web.py to Django & flask). Also worked on PostgreSQL and other NoSQL datastores like Redis, MongoDB, etc.
Currently working on my own startup (which was part of the Startup Chile program) and also working as an Independent Software Consultant.
Have talked in the First Pycon India about a schema less data store built on top of RDBMS. Also gave numerous talks in other events and universities. And have organised a few hackathons, tech & entrepreneurship events in Chennai & Santiago.
Primary interests in programming are building large scale distributed systems and SaaS web applications.