Web Scraping with Python
Arsalan Bashir (~arsalan) |
We start the talk based on the assumption that our median talk attendee has some basic knowledge of Python and programming, and we talk them through how to build a simple search engine with Flask. The project driven approach of the talk makes sure that every attendee grasps the most important core concepts in the following topics:
- Web Scraping using BeautifulSoup4
- Best practices while web-scraping using flask
- Some basic AJAX techniques in Flask
At the end of this talk, we will be able to:
- Scrape data from the internet using their app
- Analyze and storage techniques for this data
- Interest in building something
- Basic HTML knowledge
Arsalan Bashir is the cofounder of curiousIO, where we use Python to collect and analyze gigabytes of data every second from schools and students in order to improve their learning process.
Arsalan is pursuing a B.Tech from NIT, Srinagar. He previously worked with 3 startups using Python to build scalable apps dealing with big data and machine learning.