Python 3 Metaprogramming, Macros, Madness & More!
Suhas SG (~jargnar) |
Ever wanted to conquer the world, but just fell short of not knowing how to write code that writes code to conquer the world?
At the end of this talk, you will be able to understand metaprogramming and its different forms, write a decorator, a metaclass, and look more deeper into Python than you ever have!
- [ 05 mins ] - - - - - - - A Brief look at the Lisp philosophy, Code & Data (a sneak-peek at ASTs), Homoiconicity
- [ 03 mins ] - - - - - - - Python Functional Programming basics
- [ 02 mins ] - - - - - - - Introduction to Meta-programming
- [ 15 mins ] - - - - - - - Python Decorators (or are they macros?) - When, Where, Why, and a look at some common patterns
- [ 15 mins ] - - - - - - - Types, Meta-classes, and DSLs
Mode of presentation
The entire talk will be from a terminal. I'll be explaining concepts as I code them live.
- You should be able to write list comprehensions, functions, classes and modules
- A laptop with Python if you're daring enough to try some live metaprogramming
- Handkerchiefs to wipe off sweat
- A sense of humor
Github repository for the code that accompanies this talk.