Django Projects the Right way!
Saurabh Kumar (~theskumar) |
You want to start a Django Project. Confused? Overwhelmed? This workshop will answer your "WHAT IF..?" queries.
The workshop will be to showcase how setup a firm base for your Django project, using the best practices learnt over time. Standing on the shoulders of gaints, I will try to teach you how to setup your flow from ground up with batteries included.
The workshop will focus on:
- Quick-start your project with Django boilerplate (cookiecutter).
- Using 12 Factor based application configuration.
- Understanding various things that should be kept in mind while scaling a project.
- Documentation: Be Obsessed
- Demonstrate the usefulness of Test Driven Development, and debugging the code.
- Setting up CI server for isolated testing and deployments.
- Best practices around - django apps, models, views, templates, security & deployments.
I will be using [pydanny/django-cookiecutter] as the base layout and explain different components that are part of it. Moving ahead to with Test Driven Development of sample apps and configure Travis CI to run and deploy the project to different set of environments, suitable for development and QA. I'll also touch based little bit about your optimum shell/editor setup for maximising your productivity around python/Django project.
Why a workshop, and not a talk?
Because I want it to be as much interactive as possible. I want it to be unstructured and solve as many queries as possible that most of the developers have.
: For the sake of simplicity and popularity, sublime text will be used.
- Should know basics of Django.
- A machine with python/pip/postgres installed.