Building a Python Sandbox
Ayush Jhunjhunwala (~ayush) |
How can you run an untrusted python script safely? A sandbox is a security mechanism for separating running programs. Python being a very popular scripting language we needs such mechanisms. This talk will cover
- the dynamic nature of Python
- interesting security challenges
- basic tactics to overcome the security challenges
- resource exhaustion
- running unexpected services
- disabling/quitting/erroring out of the sandbox
as we work through building a Python Sandbox from scratch.
Basic understanding of Python.
link to presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvqpialcCedQjZtc2VDdVphWTg/view?usp=sharing
Note: The presentation may go through some changes.
I am a undergraduate student at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-H). This will be my first time as a speaker at a Python conference and I am hoping for some encouraging feedback from your side.