Beginning Automation with Ansible
Anuvrat Parashar (~bhanuvrat) |
Gather around for an electrifying introduction to Ansible - a configuration mananagement and automation utility made entirely in python. We shall start understanding the concepts of hosts, tasks, roles and playbooks. With the basics out of the way, we will create a playbook to help us deploy a simple web application.
Introduction Need for automation. Ansible and alternatives. What makes Ansible different. Hello, World! Setting things up! Our simplest playbook. Understanding the structure tasks playbooks modules inventory Getting familiar with ansible's powerups loops templating in Jinja2 variables conditionals Ansible's roles modularity - breaking playbook into roles. reusability - free stuff from Ansible Galaxy. Command line magic: ansible and ansible_playbook Testing and Debugging playbooks. Finally: deploying a web application.
- Using ssh.
- being familiar with YAML syntactically.
- deploying web applications: installing and configuring web servers and database servers.
- web development basics
- awareness of the various components that form the eco-system for a web app viz DB, cache, web server etc.
- installing and configuring them.
- and of course, writing the code for a web application.
slides available at : http://bhanuvrat.github.io/ansible-workshop/
source code shall soon be updated in http://github.com/bhanuvrat/ansible-workshop
Programmer, cyclist, bookworm, geek.
[Talk on scrapy, PyCon india 13] http://youtube.com/watch?v=JqabCQkJF3g