Understand Heap Memory layout with pwndbg
- Understand a Heap memory layout and ways malloc() allocation technique.
- Ways a Heap allocation can be exploited and gain a shell access.
- Debug the Heap corruption and investigate with pwndbg (https://github.com/pwndbg/pwndbg) .
- pwndbg (/poʊndbæg/) is a GDB plug-in that makes debugging with GDB suck less, with a focus on features needed by low-level software developers, hardware hackers, reverse-engineers and exploit developers.
- Ubuntu system with basic installations (gcc, gdb, vim etc), and pwndbg. (github.com/pwndbg/pwndbg)
- Basics of C programming and memory layout.
- Basics of GDB
I have a small dry run of the contents I would be talking about.
My name is Rohit Keshri, works as Product Security Engineer, Kernel Space in Red Hat.