Serverless Computing with Python
wesley chun (~wesley) |
- General knowledge of computer applications, application hosting, desktop vs. online, cloud computing, etc.
- You're a developer, technical consultant, software engineer, DevOps/IT staff, systems analyst, etc.
- The slides (PDF) of my talk from Oct 2nd.
- My talk didn't cover cost of our serverless tools (not enough time), but...
- Always Free tier: Serverless tools free monthly usage: App Engine (28 hours/day), Cloud Functions & Cloud Run (2000000 calls/month)
- Free Trial: Use Google Cloud free for 90 consecutive days
- Read about both programs at cloud.google.com/free
WESLEY CHUN (@wescpy) is the author of Prentice Hall's bestselling "Core Python" books, co-author of "Python Web Development with Django", and has written for Linux Journal, CNET, and InformIT. In addition to being an engineer & Developer Advocate at Google and a host of the G Suite Dev Show, he runs CyberWeb, a consultancy specializing in Python training. Wesley has over 25 years of programming, teaching, and writing experience, and was one of the original Yahoo!Mail engineers. He holds degrees in CS, Math, and Music from the University of California and is a Fellow of the Python Software Foundation. Wesley last visited India when he spoke to the BangPypers and Google Developer Days in Dec 2017 and has previously visited Mumbai, Aurangabad, Jaipur, Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, and Khajuraho.