Memory Management in Python
Jatin Goel (~jatin15) |
We'll be talking about how objects are stored in stored in memory and how they're garbage collected.
- Reference count
- Garbage collection
- Generational garbage collection
- Some gotchas
- And then finally, some quick optimizations you can do in your Python code
- Brief intro about Memory Management - 2 minutes
- Variables in Python - 3 minutes
- Reference Counting - 5 - 8 minutes
- Interning - 5 minutes
- Garbage Collection: - 10 minutes
- Types of GC
- What does python use?
- Some optimizations - 5 minutes
Nothing specific, but having some basic knowledge of Python would be helpful.
Slides for the talk are available here
Link to this talk given earlier at a HydPy Meetup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmY1XTq70Q
Jatin comes with a total of 5+ years of industry experience ranging from Tools and Automation, Cloud Services, REST APIs and right now Programmatic Advertising, where most part of the journey has been along the lines of Core Python and Standard Library
Currently working with Spiceworks as Software Engineer II.
Core member of the Hyderabad Python User Group (HydPy) and part of the organizing team for PyCon India 2018 and PyConf Hyderabad 2019