Graphene in Practice
Paul Bailey (~pizzapanther) |
Python Graphene is a library used for building GraphQL based web APIs. This talk will dive into using Graphene in practice everyday. The following topics will be covered:
- Best practices when using Graphene
- Tips and tricks
- Recommended supplemental libraries
- Pitfalls to avoid
This talked is aimed at developers who have some knowledge of GraphQL or Graphene and want to gain knowledge on how to build better and more maintainable GraphQL APIs in Python.
- Maintainable Graphene Queries
- Maintainable Graphene Mutations
- More tips and tricks
- knowledge of GraphQL
- using Python for web API development
Paul is jack of all trades when it comes to software engineering. Whether it is designing a frontend or building a backend architecture, Paul is up for the challenge. Paul started his career as an aerospace engineer for the space shuttle program at United Space Alliance and then quickly built software expertise at companies like Symantec, CultureMap, SaltStack, and more. In addition to being a software and aerospace geek, Paul is a father of three and can cook a pretty mean pizza from scratch.
Paul currently works with Cognitive Space building cloud based applications that utilize machine learning to generate scheduling for orbital vehicles.
- Blog: https://hackernoon.com/u/pizzapanther
- Previous talks:
- Intro to GraphQL (PyTexas): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JofFtBj6r4A
- Building Google Assistant Apps (PyBay): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eRxMyf_2Rc
- Introduction to Angular JS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYTkc-LsjXk