Distributed Storage using Interplanetary File Systems using Python
Abhinav Srivastava (~AbhinavMir) |
What is Interplanetary FIle System?
"IPFS (Interplanetary System) ) is a protocol and peer-to-peer network for storing and sharing data in a distributed file system. IPFS uses content-addressing to uniquely identify each file in a global namespace connecting all computing devices."
What the workshop will be about:
- What is IPFS?
- How is it different from Databases and Torrents?
- Installing in your system and running a peer
- IPFS Gateways
- Connecting to IPFS via Python
- Uploading to IPFS using Python
- Fetching to IPFS via Python
- Usecases with Blockchain
- Knowledge of how internet communication works (Eg. protocols like HTTP).
- Knowledge of what a database is.
- Knowledge of basic data structures.
- Basics of Python (Functions, Importing libraries).
Hi, I am Abhinav!
- Chief Tech @ C4 Projects
- Ethereum India Fellow @ Ethereum Foundation
- C++ Mentor @ GirlScript
- OSS Mentor @ JIIT Month of code
- ex-Intern @ Superbolter, ACS, Punar, Techimax
- Find me on YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFGIS9ESqxGytSqU9ELg7w )
- All my Blogs are available on: https://medium.com/@abhinavmir
- Gave about 5 talks, took a few workshops
- I really like open source ⛅️
- Website: https://abhinavmir.github.io
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/abhinavmir
- Linkedin: https://linkedin.com/in/abhinavmir