Deploying your Python API to Kubernetes
Micro services have taken the world by a storm and tools like Docker and Kubernetes are becoming popular day by day , companies are deploying their applications in Kubernetes which provides scalability , rolling updates , high availability and so much more . In this workshop we will look at how to build a basic API with all CRUD operations using Flask and SQLalchemy and then deploy that APi to a Kubernetes cluster . We will also look at creating Docker Images of the API and the advantages that Kubernetes gives you for your deployment.
- Introduction about DevOps
- What is Docker and Kubernetes and why are they popular
- What is Flask and SQLAlchemy
- Building a Basic API using Flask
- Deploying the API in Docker by creating Docker images
- Creating yml files for deploying in Kubernetes
- Deploying the API to a Kubernetes cluster
Basic Knowledge of Building API using Flask and Kubernetes and Docker
Dipto Chakrabarty is a Devops Enthusiast and Python Developer . He is currently in his third year in Vellore Institute of Technology . He is a Devops Intern at Machaao INC and Cloud Administrator for Kaloory INC . He is also the projects lead at CodeChef Vit an organisation in VIT Vellore . He has worked in several projects related to micro services , back end , cloud computing , automation etc .
- Github : https://github.com/DiptoChakrabarty
- Linkedln: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dipto-chakrabarty/
- Medium: https://medium.com/@diptochakrabarty