Lets start a new project with cookiecutter
amber gautam (~amber) |
There is a situation many times when you start a new project and you have to initialize the whole project. Most of the times the structure of a project is the same. eg. every time when we initialize or configure the Django project we need to run several commands and sometimes a customize user and User REST API is required, So it will take some time to set up all there.
So here I am come up with a solution cookiecutter: A command-line utility that creates projects from cookiecutters (project templates)
According to docs, have some key features
- Cross-platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux are officially supported.
- Works with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, and PyPy. (But you don’t have to know/write Python code to use Cookiecutter.)
- HTML, you name it. You can use multiple languages in the same project template.
- Simple command line usage
- Templating is done with Jinja2
- Easy to define your templates variables using JSON and many more
- Introduction to cookiecutter (5 min)
- Its key features with description (10 min)
- Implementation or Hands on of Django project with cookiecutter (10 min)
- QA (5 min)
- Understanding of core python
- Sound knowledge of Github
- Sound knowledge of Python packages
- Basics of Django (for example)
Amber Gautam is a Python/Django developer at Nickelfox and a learner. He is passionate about development and solving real-world problems. He is always curious to learn new technologies (Now a days Blockchain is the most) and finding ways to make life easier with automation. Also, believe in sharing his knowledge and experiences.