Cyber Reconnaissance (recon) using Python
Ritesh Agrawal (~ritesh39) |
Reconnaissance is the first phase of any attack. In this attacker tries to find as much information about the target as possible.
This talk will present overview of cyber reconnaissance and different tools & techniques that can be used for this purpose. The talk will also cover security measures that can be taken by developers to prevent leaking the important information and thus making the platform secure.
- Introduction [ 1 min ]
- Phases of attack [ 2 min ]
- Reconnaissance in real world (Example) [ 2 min ]
- Reconnaissance in digital (cyber) world [ 3 min]
Tools and techniques for cyber recon
- Overview of socket programming [ 3 min]
- Building a port scanner (Demo) [ 3 min ]
- DNS Recon (Demo) [ 2 min ]
- nmap automation using python (Demo) [ 3 min ]
- Social Engineering (Short Video) [ 3 min ]
Defence steps [ 2min ]
- Q&A [5 min]
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts
- Basic knowledge of Python
Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11Qy4fCn_mAZ3YEXKAEeQEfw_DR50k0915CE7ehd34jk/edit?usp=sharing (Will be adding more details)
Code Snippets: https://github.com/RiteshAgrawal/cyber-recon/
I am working as software Engineer at Cyware Labs having 3+ years of experience is software development and working on cyber security product for around 1.5 years.