Introduction to Asyncio
Vishnu Kiran (~vishnu25) |
Your introduction to concurrent programming in python. This talk is dedicated to a developer to enable him/her get started in asynchronous programming.
The contents that will be covered in the discussion are as follows.
- What is asyncio? Why should we bother? - 3 minutes
- Multi Threading vs Multiprocessing vs asyncio understanding the differences. - 3 minutes
- All about what an event loop is with examples - 5 minutes
- Futures - 3 minutes
- Tasks and coroutines - 4 minutes
- Streams - 2 minutes
- Multiple Coroutines. - 2 minutes
- Scheduling Calls - 2 minutes
- Synchronization primitives - 2 minutes
- Queues - 2 minutes
The talk provides preliminary insight and a simple explanation to programmers who wish to explore asyncio and/or concurrent programming.
- Basic understanding of python syntax.
- Some OS concepts like differences b/w multiprocessing and multithreading.
- Understanding UNIX (not mandatory).
Will be sharing soon.
I am a Software Engineer/Data scientist at NextOrbit, Technical Architect at Code Matrix. I am a startup guy who loves the idea of building teams and working with them from the ground up. I have been part of and lead teams that have built medium and large scale software. I am glued to the computer a lot, although that must be obvious. But when I am not peeled to a laptop I play badminton, chess, teach students software and find creative reasons to skip a session in the gym on a daily basis.
Have not had a lot of bandwidth for open source contribution. Something I hope to change soon.