Experience with Python type hints
Kracekumar Ramaraju (~kracekumar) |
Python 3.5 RC introduced type hints in the standard library, since then a lot of projects use Python hints in the code. The large open Python source projects like Zulip use it.
For past one year, at work, I have been using Python type hints in the data pipelines and neural networks. The talk is based on the experience. In this talk, I'll cover the following topics.
- Introduction to the project - 1 min
- Introduction about Type Hints - 4 mins
- Advantages of using Type hints - 8 mins
- Pain Points - 8 mins
- Closing Thoughts - 2 mins
- Buffer - 3 mins
- You should possess familiarity with Python, and grasp of the type system.
I'm kracekumar, working as software engineer for past seven years. My experience has been around building web applications, data pipelines, and automating servers. Currently, I work as a Software Engineer at minds.ai.