AWS Lambda with Python : Do's and Dont's
Ritu Mehra (~ritu86) |
Everyone will agree to the fact that - Serverless is the "In Thing" now a days . Be it AWS , GCP or Azure everyone is talking about it. AWS provides a series of services which can be used to create a full fledged application. Out of all "Lambda functions" is the backbone of Serverless Computing on AWS Cloud Computing. It is the “Functions As a Service” (FaaS) offering and currently it is positioned against Google Cloud Functions and Microsoft Azure Functions.
The Big Question:
"Is everything Perfect in AWS Lambda?" .... Well it depends on how you use it and this is what I will cover in my Talk.
Note: This Talk will have some code references using PYTHON
What will you learn from this session/talk:
- What are Lambda Functions .
- What are the different features of Lambda Functions.
- The famous Lambda Timeout.
- The Deployment and Resource Limits .
- The Cold Start issue and its workarounds.
- The Cost Factor
Why do you need to know this:
- Helps develop decision making in the project design architecture
The Case Study:
- Case Study in which you should/should not use Lambda Functions.
Real Life project experience:
- The hidden learning with an on job project on the limitations to Lambda Function.
- Basics of Serverless Computing
- Basic of Python Programming
- Basics of Python Libraries Usages (Imports)
- Ritu Chawla Mehra is a working professional with over 10 years of development experience on C++ and Python.
- She has application development experience in multiple domains - Mobile , ServerSide and Web Application.
- Currently working as a Technical Lead in Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd..
- She is passionate about exploring new technologies and spreading awareness about the same. Her current focus is on AWS and Python :)
- She was also a speaker at SciPy 2017 held at IIT Powai Mumbai.
Linkedin Profile : www.linkedin.com/in/ritu-chawla-mehra-21299615
Speaker at SciPy 2017 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lzcRbI7ut3wYiFUaUqm2DOa7ra-0pIqg/view