Functional Programming with Python
Abhishek koserwal (~abhishek48) |
Functional programming is an asset addition to the toolset. It helps in enhancing performance & readability of code base. Makes your imperative (how to approach?) to more functional (what to approach?). Easy to test and remove the complexity of stateful mocks. It leads to modular code. Help in building better domain model with object oriented paradigm approach. it is the building block of reactive paradigm know as functional reactive programming
- Basic Concept: pure functions, side effects, first class citizen, higher order function.
- Immutable data structure & managing state in functions.
- Replacing imperative constructs with function: loops, variable assignment etc.
- Product higher level abstraction
- FP use-case: maps, lambda, filter, reduce, sorted, comprehension, decorators etc
- libraries support FP/Immutability.
- Glimpse of FRP: Functional reactive programming
- Python Basic
The presentation would be soon available with code examples. https://github.com/akoserwal/Functional-Programming-with-Python
I am a full-stack developer at Redhat. Comfortable with diverse technology domains & new concepts. The current role involves contribution in the development of external/internal applications that confront to enterprise design patterns. Also involved in the development & enhancement of Redhat legacy system: RHN wiki architecture shares Python as a major building block.