Developing Scalable Apps in Python with Google App Engine
smit thakkar (~smitthakkar96) |
You will learn about challenges of building applications that can serve hundreds of thousands of users, and how you can prepare for them as a developer. And more importantly - you will learn how to harness the power of App Engine - Platform as a Service, run by Google, so you can focus on your application’s features, not on managing infrastructure that runs your app. Let Google run and scale the infrastructure and do what you do best - write code!
What will you learn?
- Scalability Basics
- How and why server racks were invented.
- Problems that you have to solve if you scale your app by yourself.
- Learn about a better way.
- Getting Started with app engine
- Introduction to google app engine
- Set up your first App Engine project and learn how to define Cloud Endpoints.
- Start the project app - Conference Central and add authentication and user profiles.
- Storing and Retrieving Data
- One of the most important things you want to do in your app is storing data.
- Add the ability to store and retrieve user profiles and conferences to the project app.
- Learn more about how Datastore works, including queries, filters, indexes and transactions.
- Add different ways to query conferences.
- Working Installtion of Python 3.5
- Google Cloud SDK : https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/
- A github account and working installation of git.
- Text Editor like vim/sublime text/atom (No IDE).
I am an enthusiastic developer and aspiring entrepreneur who holds a particular passion for the intersection of web development and emerging technologies. I am constantly exploring innovative ways to solve real world problems and improve existing solutions. I genuinely enjoy working with people, taking risks, and developing new applications.
I also spoken at tech meet ups and conferences like Women techmakers, Google Devfest, Pycon India, Google Cloud Next Extended, Mozilla Gujarat, Local GDGs and Startup Gujarat. In addition, I am always experimenting with new and interesting side projects. I am also the CTO of a fintech startup called https://lendcypher.com and have previously Co-Founded https://punchit.io and "SHOTS!".
- Github: https://github.com/smitthakkar96
- Linkedin: https://linkedin.com/in/smitthakkar96