Scaling Django To The Sky
Naren (~narenaryan) |
This proposal is to explain the tips and tricks of scaling a Django project to handle millions of requests with a simple and elegant stack. This talk explains how efficiently developers can use
- Django advanced features for code optimization
- Using profilers to monitor what is causing bottleneck in stack
- Using micro-services based architecture to remove unwanted load from Django apps
- Optimizing web page speeds if Django is powering your website. (Don't blame Django for bad UI practices)
- Load balancers, Caching systems and Web accelerators to get maximum throughput out of Django.
- How database optimization is achieved using Django's advanced features.
- Django's hurdles in path of scaling, how to overcome them.
- Suggesting good open source stack that really works.
- A better architecture which costs less but returns more value.
You should have idea of following:
- Basic knowledge on how Web Frameworks works
- Entry knowledge on Django web development
- Basic idea on HTTP and REST
- No need to know about Load Balancers, Cache etc. Will give a swift introduction about them in the talk.
Slide share slides are here. http://www.slideshare.net/narenarya18/scaling-django-to-the-sky
last October, I gave a talk on distributed databases in PyCon India 2016 .
I like photography and travelling more. From Oscar Wilde and Canon Doyle to Peter Thiel, every author fascinates me. I almost spend my time with Kindle in the journeys and weekends.
Website : http://narenarya.in/
Python blog: https://impythonist.wordpress.com
Personal blog: http://blog.narenarya.in
Pycon India 2015 talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAwFrYcAY8Y