Kaggle-ing with Python
arjoonn sharma (~theSage21) |
I'll keep it short.
- This talk introduces Kaggle
- Performs a demonstration on the Titanic Competition at Kaggle.
- It touches on the use of Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, sk-learn and other libraries.
- It teaches you how to use Jupyter effectively.
- It gives you a gist of what Data Analysis, Machine Learning are all about.
- It illustrates techniques which are important (Cross validation, various scoring methods and so on)
This talk answers the following in roughly the order prescribed:
- What is Kaggle?
- Why should I care?
- What do I need to do this?
- How do I do it?
- How do I get better at doing this?
- Basic Knowledge of Python Hello-world-like programs.
- How to set up Python on their OS of choice. This includes installing software on the chosen OS
- Some knowledge of Machine Learning / Statistics would help, though it is not necessary.
Will be released before talk
I'm a Masters student at IIITM-K currently working on my Masters' Thesis.
I love building things with Python, blogging, writing articles for OSFY and so on.
I've been swimming in Python for about 5 years now, and absolutely love it.