Python Month 2016
PyCon India 2016 is just around the corner. This year’s event is being hosted at the JNU University in New Delhi from September 23rd to 25th. Moreover, we’re celebrating August 10th to September 10th as the Python Month! So get ready for a month of workshops and learning, leading into India’s biggest community run professional conference! Python Month is run-up for PyCon India. Initial edition in 2013 volunteers conducted 45 and so far highest.
What is PyCon India?
PyCon India (http://in.pycon.org/), the premier conference in India on using and developing the Python programming language is conducted annually by the Python developer community, represented by Python Software Society of India (http://pssi.org.in/). The conference attracts the best Python programmers from across the country and abroad.
What is Python Month?
This year, PyCon India is celebrating the month from 10th, August to 10th, September as Python Month, with the aim of increasing the awareness and awesomeness of Python Programming Language within the student community in India.
How you can help?
Python month will be organized and run by volunteers, anyone who wants to participate is welcome, and all help is appreciated.
This is a large task to handle and therefore requires a lot of volunteer support. Create an account in Python Express web application and become a volunteer. Here is how you can help.
- If you are a Python programmer, and please give a talk/workshop at a college in your city.
- If you are a professor or student, please facilitate a workshop in your college. Request a workshop in Python Express site. A volunteer will follow up about facilities and tutor.
- Help us in coordinating Python Month by talking to colleges to arrange workshops.
- Pass on the message to college students in your circle, friends, etc...
What are these workshop?
We can conduct four types of workshops.
- Basic Python Workshop
- Machine learning using Python Workshop
- Django Web Development Workshop
- Rest API development using Python Workshop
Most of the tutors are volunteers, requesting the workshop as early as possible will ensure volunteers to co-ordinate.
I have previously conducted a workshop, what should I do?
Thanks for your effort. This year we love to help you. Please go ahead to PythonExpress web app and request a workshop. Our volunteers will get back to you about the tutor.
You can have a look at upcoming workshops in the site. Have any questions or suggestions? Contact us at https://pythonexpress.in/contact/ or join the mailing list http://lists.pssi.org.in/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pythonexpress.