Announcing call for papers for PyCon India 2016 open space
It's PyCon India time again!! So exciting, isn't it? PyCon India has provided a platform for like-minded enthusiats to get together and share their experiences and learnings. We are glad to continue with the tradition of having open space this time as well. Having such talks help attendees learn from other's experiences and interact with more people making the community a vibrant one.
What is an Open Space?
Literally, it's a SPACE OPEN to anyone who wishes to talk about Python. Be it experience, learnigs, libraries, tools, frameworks, tests, correct code practices, an idea, a "what-not-do" talk or anything that is about Python.
How it works?
Interested people register for an open space talk. A time slot is allocated, person gives a talk during the alloted time. Audience interacts and discusses sharing their opinions. Such small group discussions mostly turn out to be great.
Why to pre-register?
Just to make arrangements for rooms, projectors and other such requirements. On-spot registration is also allowed provided there is time slot availability.
How to participate in Open Space?
Simply register yourself here. Remember you can also just walk in during the conference.
- Allowed time slot for each talk is 15-30 minutes.
- Reach the talk arena, 5 minutes before your talk starts.
- Please specify your requirements for the talk in CFP description
- Python 3k - Features, Python 2 to 3 migration experience, Writing compatible 2 and 3 code
- Web Development - Web Development, API design etc ...
- Standard library - Python Standard library features, usage
- Infrastructure - Automation, Deployment
- Network Programming - Socket programming, Async IO, Twisted, Gevent
- Testing - Unit Testing, Selenium, py.test, Nose
- Security - Web Security, Server Security, Cryptography, Encryption
- Data Visualization and Analytics - Visualizations, Statistics, Big Data
- Scientific Computing - Scientific/Numeric Libraries
- Concurrency - Parallel Processing, Async IO
- Embedded Python - Embedded Python, Device Interfacing, Robotics, Raspberry Pi, Arduino
- Others - Others
- Core Python - Language Features, Python Implementations, Standard Library, Algorithms, C APIs
Q: Who can give Open Space talk?
A: Professionals, Lecturers, College Students - anyone who wishes to share
Q: My talk is not selected for conference, can I opt for Open Space?
A: Yes register here. This way people who are interested in the topic you proposed can catch up with you at the event itself.
Q:What is the screening process of Open Space talk?
A: No screening process, we are collecting information to facilitate logistics.